You should consider email marketing as an important level to promote your brand and your products. There is a method to the madness and even email marketing has a host of best practices. We will tackle six tips that will boost engagement and increase your brand promotion.
I think we can all remember years past when our mailboxes would be filled with beautiful catalogs featuring the latest and greatest products from our favorite brands. As a child, I can remember salivating over the FAO Schwartz catalog, hoping for all of the amazing and incredible toys to come my way. As an adult, I would wait anxiously for my Neiman-Marcus holiday look book, wondering what delicious product would make its way onto the glossy pages.
Times have changed.
The influx of printed catalogs has dwindled and email marketing has taken the lead. Now, I love to see what my favorite brands are sharing through their beautifully crafted emails. Instead of looking forward to catalogs being delivered by my postman, I anxiously wait for new emails from my favorite merchants.
As a consumer, I’m always drawn to emails from stores and product makers that tell a story, inspire and make me want to actually own the product. As an email marketer, each email that you send is very valuable, so it’s important to make the most of it.
Engage your audience and make them want to know more about you and your brand. At OpenSky, we painstakingly craft each and every email that we send to make sure that the story we want to tell is relayed powerfully, clearly and compellingly.
Promote your brand: 6 email marketing tips
- Use beautiful, inspiring imagery. Seeing your products and creations in beautiful settings makes the consumer want to know more and to explore – and buy! It takes as little as 2.5 seconds to make a purchasing decision, so make sure your images make a big impact!
- Make your copy strong and persuasive. Be romantic. You’ve put a lot of work into your brand, so make sure that your followers know it.
- Tell a story. Whether it’s an email about a new collection of beautiful jewelry or a holiday promotion, make sure that your email has meaning and rhythm.
- Be on brand. You’ve spent a lot of time crafting your brand, so make sure that your email communications are inline with your brand image.
- Keep it concise. Sometimes less is more with product emails. We’ve seen that showing one amazing hero product can be the most beneficial.
- Show “Why to Buy.” Before you press Send, think to yourself, “Why does my customer need this product? “ Is it handmade, seasonal or exclusive? Does it have great pricing? Make sure your email conveys the definitive reason that the customer needs your product.
Use email marketing to your advantage. It’s a key player in making your brand grow and telling your brand story. The days of the catalogs on the doorstep may be gone, but the incredible tool of robust email marketing is at our disposal. Don’t miss the opportunities that email marketing provides to promote your brand and engage with customers.