GoDaddy employees and community partners have continued to show up in the community and make a difference where it matters. Together, we donated $3.2M back into our communities and volunteered thousands of hours to support those who needed it most.
Here are some additional highlights:
Empowering entrepreneurs everywhere and making opportunity more inclusive for all
- We continue to grow the Empower by GoDaddy program. In 2021, we launched a new component in select markets: Capital. Our goal is to bring everything a small business owner needs; learning, networks, products, and funding into one cohesive program.
- We piloted a mental health component to Empower to ensure the entrepreneurs we’re working with have support for their whole selves. 72% of entrepreneurs are directly or indirectly affected by mental health issues (Forbes).
- We adapted our Empower programs to continue to reach minority entrepreneurs and those in underserved areas and we launched into new cities such as Birmingham, Montgomery, Portland, Detroit, and Baltimore. This new model is going to allow us to reach 7,500+ new entrepreneurs in 2022.
Reducing our environmental impact, operating our business ethically, and managing risk
- We launched our first environment, social, and governance (ESG) report. The report gave us the opportunity to dig into how we can expand in meaningful ways, and we’ve been hard at work planning for 2022 and beyond.
- We conducted our first greenhouse gas emissions inventory and we’ll be publishing our targets to reduce our emissions soon– lots more to come.
Engaging and activating employees in the causes they care most about
- Despite not being able to gather and volunteer in person, GoDaddy employees continued to make a difference in the community.
- With your contributions plus our match, we were able to provide $821,000 to 911 nonprofit organizations around the world — that’s huge!
- The smallest of businesses received $39,000 in funds from YOU through our Kiva program.
- We’ve got some big plans for 2022 that will allow you to engage in new ways. An exciting announcement is coming soon.
2022 will be another banner year for our corporate sustainability work and we’re looking forward to sharing our progress throughout the year.
Did you enjoy this article and want to know more about life at GoDaddy? Check out our GoDaddyLife social pages! Follow us to meet our team, learn more about our culture (Teams, ERG’s, Locations), careers, and so much more. You’re more than just your day job, so come propel your career with us.