• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

URL naming issue with Google Search Console

I'm having an issue with the way Websites + Marketing names my website's URL pages.  Because one of my menu options is "pricing/book" Godaddy names the URL with special characters.....specifically it uses "%2F" characters for the "/" symbol....so the URL name is "pricing%2Fbook."  When I try to request a URL inspection on Google Search Console it is unable to do so.....it can't handle the "%2F" characters in the URL name.  It would be nice if Godaddy separated the URL naming function from the menu naming feature.  I need the ability to specifically name the URL differently then the menu title.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Employee

Hello @FlatsForFun and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response.

According to Stack Overflow, a URL has to follow certain rules so if there is a / in the title of your menu option then it has to be encoded with %F. This is the required format for a URL if there is a / in the name and is the industry wide accepted format.

There is a solution to create a custom URL using GoDaddy's URL Shortener when sharing the link to a specific page on your website: shortener.godaddy.com. Again I do apologize for the delayed response and I hope you have a great weekend!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Employee

Hello @FlatsForFun and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response.

According to Stack Overflow, a URL has to follow certain rules so if there is a / in the title of your menu option then it has to be encoded with %F. This is the required format for a URL if there is a / in the name and is the industry wide accepted format.

There is a solution to create a custom URL using GoDaddy's URL Shortener when sharing the link to a specific page on your website: shortener.godaddy.com. Again I do apologize for the delayed response and I hope you have a great weekend!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post