Podcasts are without a doubt, one of the world’s most popular forms of entertainment. In recent years, podcast engagement has seen a serious surge of engagement the world over.
With the right tools and mindset, you can make money through podcasting—as a business, you can also get your brand out there and reach more customers.
Lots of business owners avoid making podcasts because they don’t think they have the skills, the time or the budget. But, guess what? We live in a digital age where just about anything is possible.
By working with AI tools and technology, it’s possible to make a professional podcast that boosts your brand awareness, even if you’re juggling a million plates. You don’t have to possess a long list of technical skills, either.
Intrigued? Excellent, because I’m going to tell you all about how you can make or improve your podcast using AI tools.
Let’s dive in.
Disclaimer: When using AI tools, avoid entering sensitive information and always review output for accuracy. Additionally, this content is for demonstration purposes only; it does not represent any affiliation, endorsement or sponsorship with the companies mentioned. All trademark rights belong to their respective owners. Third-party trademarks are used here for demonstrative and educational purposes only, use does not represent affiliation.
The brand-boosting power of podcasts
Before we delve deeper into how to use AI tools to improve your podcast, let’s consider why podcasting is so worth it as a budding business owner.
- 76% of listeners convert after hearing a targeted ad on a preferred podcast
- 424.2 million people listen to podcasts worldwide
- 56% of listeners consider buying something and investing in a brand after listening to a brand’s podcast ad
- 75% of Gen Z subscribe to an audio-streaming service. That’s a big audience
How to improve your podcast with AI tools: top picks
Now that you’re up to speed with the business-boosting benefits of starting (or indeed improving) your very own podcast, let’s look at the key aspects you should consider—as well as the best types of AI tool for the job.
First of all in our podcast and AI tools journey, let’s consider one of the foundations of a slick, professional podcast: audio editing.
Wading through hours and hours of recordings can really sap your time and energy. If you’re not particularly experienced, the physical editing process can be laborious too. And, if you’re using a tool that’s complex or clunky, things could end up sounding pretty sloppy. That’s where AI comes in.
There are AI tools out there that are cost-effective(some are even free) and accessible when it comes to cropping down your podcast audio and arranging it into a logical format. If you’re looking for reliable AI audio editing tools for your podcasting efforts, these are my top picks:
- Descript: a powerful AI audio editing tool with an easy-to-use interface, bundles or user support, and easy drag-and-drop editing functions that can automatically clean and crop your audio files based on simple commands.
- Podcastle: another attractive and easy-to-use AI tool with autonomous audio editing features that are easy to master. This one also comes with excellent customer support, so you’ll never get stuck when tidying up your podcast’s most precious audio files.
In addition to editing, it’s also important to make sure your podcast’s audio is slick, balanced, and professional.
When you’re speaking at length, little blemishes are bound to pop up. But, there’s a way to remove the likes of hiss, hum, swallowing sounds, and any other random noise with the click of a few AI buttons. There are lots of sound enhancement tools out there that promise the world on a plate — but they’re not all created equal.
Whether you’re talking sports, rapping about retail or boasting about your brand, making sure your audio is consistent throughout will build trust and keep those listeners coming back. So, choosing your tools wisely is essential.
To save you from wading through the countless dud AI tools out there, here are two sound enhancement platforms that will automatically smooth your sound without diluting your content.
- LALAL: This epic sound editor is swift and simple to use. All you need to do is pick your audio file, set a few desired settings, and run it through the system. This particular AI podcast tool has its limitations, but if you’re looking to clean your audio to professional standards while juggling a million other professional plates, it will get the job done.
- Audo Studio: Another reliable and widely-respected audio enhancement editor, this tool offers a clean professional product and you can even record sound snippets directly into the system. Another perk of using Audo is the fact that it boasts excellent user support.
“Podcasting is an opportunity to have real, authentic conversations with people from all walks of life."Rebecca Jarvis, host of “No Limits with Rebecca Jarvis”
Not only does transcribing your podcast conversations into text help boost your search engine optimization (SEO) rankings—it will also make your product more inclusive.
People with hearing impairments should also be able to enjoy your podcast content with ease—and text transcriptions are one of the best ways to provide an inclusive solution. The problem is, transcribing the nuances of your speech can take literally hours. By using the right AI tools, you’ll be able to get the job done almost instantly.
There are plenty of pretty amazing AI tools out there for accurate speech-to-text transcription (including Audex, Fireflies, and Trint). But, my top pick has to be Rev.
Converting your podcast speech to text using a tool like Rev is simple, straightforward, and 99% accurate. It’s also possible to add your transcript to a specific webpage or download it in a mix of formats including .Word and .PDF.
But, it’s worth noting that as brilliant as these AI tools are, you should always cast your eyes over the final transcript before pressing the ‘publish’ button. Even bots can get it wrong sometimes.
Your script is one of the very foundations of your entire podcast. It will give every one of your episodes a striking theme as well as the personality, substance, and talking points that will make it stand out from the crowd.
While you might have endless ideas for your podcast, sometimes finding the right words is easier said than done. That’s where a little something called generative AI comes into the fold.
Basically, generative AI is an innovation in which artificially intelligent bots can create content (from words to image, code, video clips and beyond) based on your specifications (what you say you want).
Platforms like ChatGPT are incredible for producing the foundations of a podcast script. Armed with a solid idea and some key talking points, you can tell ChatGPT what you want your script to include and let it do its thing.
Again, the thing to remember here is that adopting a ‘copy & paste’ approach won’t result in an epic script that will improve your podcast. You should use your generative AI creations as the core of your script, adding and editing each section to polish it to perfection. Here are a few tips on how you can do just that.
- Once you’ve written your script brief or prompt and submitted it, go through the AI-generated content with a fine tooth comb. Make a list of feedback for your generative AI bot and send it over for revisions. Go through this ‘refinement’ process as many times as you need to until you’re happy with the foundations of your podcast script.
- Explore community blogs and forums for practical examples of how other successful podcasters use generative AI platforms to improve their scripts. Ask questions, listen, and learn from the best.
- Check out our essential guide to using ChatGPT to discover all you need to know to get started.
“Podcasting is a powerful tool for building and strengthening relationships with your audience.”John Lee Dumas
Last but certainly not least, we come to the marketing part of your podcasting efforts. When it comes to promotion, you can use AI tools to improve your podcast.
Content marketing is a big juggling act for any budding business owner. But, with a little AI magic, you can cover all essential bases and get your podcast in front of the people who are most likely to engage with your efforts.
From scheduling social media posts to designing marketing imagery or cover art, producing promotional blog content, and beyond, you can outsource so much to AI tools for your content marketing activities.
GoDaddy Websites + Marketing utilizes AI to make your content marketing efforts more impactful. Interested? Check out this video for the details:
Or, if blogging to accompany your podcast is more your speed, WordPress Hosting is the perfect place to start:
Using generative AI tools in the same way as I mentioned for your script creation efforts is one handy avenue to explore. But, when it comes to AI tools, there’s so much more. Here are some resources that will give you the insider advice you need to promote your podcast.
Essential automation resources
Work your way through these essential resources and you’ll have all you need to improve your podcast with AI tools at your fingertips. You’ve got this.
Related: 10 ways to improve a podcast website
Podcasts and AI: final thoughts
“The beauty of podcasting is that it allows you to share your voice and your message with a global audience.”Pat Flynn
When you’re developing brand-boosting podcasts, AI tools can help you with these key areas:
- Audio editing
- Sound enhancement
- Speech-to-text transcription
- Podcast themes & ideation
- Content analysis & marketing
Working in harmony with AI tools will help you automate certain parts of the creation process while literally making every one of your episodes sing. With the right approach, you will save time, boost your productivity, and put your brand on the map.
Armed with the passion, ideas, and the right AI innovations at your fingertips, you can entertain, inspire and engage your customers like never before.
We wish you the best of luck and for more insider tips fresh from GoDaddy Resources, check out our essential guide on how to effectively promote your podcast.