• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Need to know where is mysql root password!!

I tried to install a joomla template but I got an error because the user "that I created on Manage MySQL cPanel, with all grant access" does not works! after that a table is created but I cannot see it anywhere! using phpMyAdmin or MySQL Database menu. I dont have any control of my OWN DATABASE!

I spent many hours looking information and it is disappointing your poor documentation, I hate that!!

plz any body help?

thanks!

CrisR
    3 REPLIES 3
    Helper V

Re: Need to know where is mysql root password!!

@chriscrm wrote:

I tried to install a joomla template but I got an error because the user "that I created on Manage MySQL cPanel, with all grant access" does not works! after that a table is created but I cannot see it anywhere! using phpMyAdmin or MySQL Database menu. I dont have any control of my OWN DATABASE!

I spent many hours looking information and it is disappointing your poor documentation, I hate that!!

plz any body help?

thanks!

@chriscrm

Hello there,

I went through this just the other day!! I could not log into putty to do my thing. OMG how frustrating right!!

Come to find out, I had the WHM Shell Fork Bomb Protection enabled thus, it was not allowing me to get into the root...... GoDaddy's customer support pointed this out to me (thank you so much!!) ,  so for heavens sake make sure you do not have that enabled as I did!! Then run the sudo su - to get to your root ......

Hope this lead you in the right direction ......

Mrsroadrunner Photography
    Helper V
    Helper V

@mrsroadrunner Managed Hosting uses a shared MySQL server and does not allow users to login as root. SSH access can be enabled but root access is not allowed as that would give a user full access to all accounts on the server.

running "sudo su" in a shared hosting account is not allowed.

Logging into MySQL from Command as root is not allowed.

@chriscrm

You can go to the Database section and select "MySQL® Databases" to view the databases and which users are assigned.

Clicking on the Username under "Privileged Users" column will allow you to change the permissions for the user.

Helper V

@oslinux

Thank you oslinux , did not realized we were talking managed hosting.......

Mrsroadrunner Photography