• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

how to enable comments on blog posts on builder?

Hi,

I'm only 3 days into using the builder for my site and blog.

Is there a way to allow my customers to leave comments on my blog posts?

Thanks for you help!

Kathleenluvstea

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

We just completed the rollout, so you should all start seeing the option to turn on commenting on your blogs through Disqus!

View solution in original post

By default, Disqus requires commenters to log in to help prevent spam. However, if you go into the Disqus moderation panel you can change that by going to Settings > Community and checking the box to allow guest commenting.

Except for advanced features like the one described above, you shouldn't need to go into the Disqus moderation panel for anything. We've taken the time to do a deeper integration with Disqus that allows you to handle everything within your website builder or from your own blog posts where you can moderate inline. We've also negotiated a contract with Disqus to allow everyone using the feature to have ad-free comments, normally an experience only available at paid levels.

Disqus does commenting well, so in this case, it made the most sense to work with the experts to meet the needs of our GoCentral site owners. 

156 REPLIES 156

I spoke with their tech department last week. The response was "...in a few months." Which could mean anything. I am working with a web person to move it over to WordPress. I cannot wait that long.

I love coming back to this thread every now and again its been 2 years. last time they bothered to respond they said mid April its now May. Its like the worst sitcom of all time but you cant help but watch. I give it another 9-10 seasons before its finally canceled because everyone stoped watching.

Goddady does not care about their costumers. They only care about selling their mediocre products. This is the perfect example. Something so basic as a comment section... Gosh! I lost money with them, I don't care because I transfer my domain to Wordpress and I happy with it. I'm guilty for trusting in this Goddady brand. But it is ok. I learn by making this mistake. Seriously, I recommend you guys that transfer your domain to other host. I know it s**ks, but in the long run you win. Don't trust in Goddady, read this tread, promises and promises and nothing!

Like everyone here, I am totally disgusted that there is no comment capability for blogs.  I spent hours setting up my site before I discovered this issue.  According to this thread  the last update from GoDaddy stated it would be fixed by mid-April.  It is May and, given their track record, does not seem likely.  Fortunately, I am still in the trial period and had not signed up for a plan.  I will be using Squarespace instead.  I wonder if they even care how many current and potential customers they have lost because of this issue?

Is there any kind of update..? Ofc I didn't realize there was no comment section until I tried to add it after making a couple of blog posts. I can wait a few more weeks since they said Q1 2019 and then April 2019. But it is May 2019 now.. 

I seriously doubt they will fix it. I think this blog features was just a toss in to the web site program and they don’t care about it. It’s going to mess with readers for me to change it again, but if nothing changes in another month or so I will throw in the towel and go back to WordPress. I am going to assume anything I hear from this point on is BS - I will believe GoDaddy when I find the comments capability on my dashboard.

I gave up. Fortunately I had not paid for the trial yet and just lost hours of work. I switched to Weebly and I really like it a lot. Great interface and the blog features (including comments!) are excellent. It seems highly unlikely GoDaddy is going to fix this and even if they do, it sounds like it will be a clumsy workaround.

I recently launched my site and am now realizing there is no way to enable comments on my blog! New businesses are hard enough to build without this! How do you build a community if no one can participate?? 

Agree 100% it is a big shame with godaddy. I have my site, but is too complicated to move to another company. I did regret to be here…just waiting for them to make this top change.

Sergio N
    Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hey everyone, 

I have been waiting for this a long time too.

For those that are still commenting that they are waiting for this function, it is up and running. You have to choose to use it until the tabs when you click on 'Blog'. I have turned it on for my site and it is working great!

Hi everyone!

We had not announced it here yet because we're in the middle of a gradual rollout of the commenting feature to make sure that everything works as expected. If you don't see it for your site yet, you'll be seeing it soon!

Susan

We just completed the rollout, so you should all start seeing the option to turn on commenting on your blogs through Disqus!

This is not an improvement. Commenters are required to sign up for a Disqus
    account. It also slows your system. I will not use this and will be
    removing my blog from GoDaddy.

--
    Rich Heiland
    Free Press Publications, LLC
    FPP Constributes to Walker County News Today
    936-293-0293
    freepresstx@gmail.com

This is not a fix. It is a commercial app you could have added a long time ago. This requires a commenter to create a Disqus account, something most casual commenters will not do. I assume they also have to give Disqus certain information to create an account they by and large won’t want or use that much. Additionally this app has started to fall out of favor because of negative impacts on speed, etc. I will be removing my blog from GoDaddy as soon as I find a suitable replacement host. This experience has made me appreciate WordPress in spite of its flaws. I think I will just go back to it.

By default, Disqus requires commenters to log in to help prevent spam. However, if you go into the Disqus moderation panel you can change that by going to Settings > Community and checking the box to allow guest commenting.

Except for advanced features like the one described above, you shouldn't need to go into the Disqus moderation panel for anything. We've taken the time to do a deeper integration with Disqus that allows you to handle everything within your website builder or from your own blog posts where you can moderate inline. We've also negotiated a contract with Disqus to allow everyone using the feature to have ad-free comments, normally an experience only available at paid levels.

Disqus does commenting well, so in this case, it made the most sense to work with the experts to meet the needs of our GoCentral site owners. 

Exactly, I prefer to work with experts. So, that's why I change my domain to WordPress with an integrated user friendly comment section. This fix with Disqus is so lame and come so so late 🙄

Yes, I got mine working yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone

for **bleep**'s sake, what is the hold up
    Former Employee

Hi @Kathleenluvstea

Thanks for the message.  If you're using the new Blog feature in GoCentral we haven't rolled out Commenting functionality yet.  We're working on a couple things first, but Commenting will be next up.  

Thanks again!

Christie S

Product Manager

GoCentral Blog

Thanks for the update!  Is there an ETA for the comments section to be rolled out?  Thanks!

Todd B.

The Vegan Church Cookbook

I would also like to know the ETA. I'm pretty sure I'll be taking my blog somewhere else if comments can't be enabled.