Do you ever sit down to write your email newsletter and wonder what the heck to say? To keep your audience’s attention, you need to be useful, whether that means providing information, making people laugh, being inspirational, or offering deals people can’t find elsewhere. You need email newsletter ideas and you need them now!
Want some fresh content? Try piecing together one to four of the following topics in your next email newsletter. Not all of these ideas will work for you—it depends a lot on your industry, the tone you’re going for, and your target audience.
Bottom line? Shake things up and keep it fun. Here are 33 email newsletter ideas and topics you can use right now.
Feature something (or someone) awesome—the soup du jour of your email newsletter
2. Employee or volunteer of the day, week or month
3. Product, artwork or song of the day, week or month
4. Quote, poem, scripture, recipe, joke, or word of the day, week or month
5. Deal of the day, week or month
Have some fun!
6. Themed “horoscopes” (e.g., gardening horoscope, career horoscope, writing horoscope)
7. Contest or giveaway (either right in your newsletter, or through one of your social media channels)
Provide useful, DIY information
8. Simple DIY instructions for how to make a _____ (e.g., floral arrangement, win book, killer resume)
9. Five tips and tricks on a topic relevant to your audience (e.g., productivity, living frugally, networking, parenting, entrepreneurship, mindfulness)
10. Simple instructions for how to start a _____ (e.g., book club, email newsletter, Etsy shop)
11. Three steps to do _____ better, faster, saner, or cheaper
Make an announcement
12. Milestone announcement (e.g., sold your 100th house, celebrated the five-year anniversary of your business)
13. Upcoming events (your own and/or other relevant events in the community; may include live and/or online events)
14. Pre-sale or pre-registration alert
15. Product launch or new feature announcement
16. Last-chance alert for a product, sale, or event registration
Curate fabulous content
17. Teaser for your video, podcast or blog post (make people want to click through to check out your own amazing content)
18. Blog post roundup (including links to posts by you and/or others in your industry)
19. Best free online resources on _____ (your topic)
Give it a personal touch
21. Things or ideas you’re loving right now
22. Mission statement for you or your organization or business
23. The best advice you ever got about _____ (and how it can help your readers)
24. Behind-the-scenes glimpse of your organization or business
25. Personal anecdote that helps your readers learn more about you and your organization or business—and improves their lives somehow
26. Unexpected or metaphorical photo or drawing
27. Infographic (create your own!)
Make it about them
28. Customer or member testimonial or success story
29. Timely call to action—why should they do it now? What’s in it for them?
30. Subscriber-exclusive offer
31. Customer or member survey (collect feedback and report results in a future newsletter)
32. Headline, image or story that taps into your readers’ aspirations (e.g., be more fashionable, generous, business-savvy, or fit)
33. Sincere note of thanks and appreciation to your audience
Even more email newsletter ideas
Want even more email newsletter ideas? Check out these and more ideas for email newsletters your subscribers will love.
There you have it — email newsletter ideas to invigorate your email marketing campaigns. You probably already are applying some of these content ideas in your mind right now. Go forth, create, engage and drum up some new business!
Put your content to work with GoDaddy Email Marketing. Create a stunning newsletter today.
Also published on Medium.