This post was originally published on March 27, 2020, and was updated on April 2, 2020, April 7, 2020, April 15, 2020 and April 21, 2020.
As we all deal with COVID-19, state and local governments in the U.S. recognize the impact on small business and how important small businesses are to communities. Many governments and agencies have put together web pages to provide small businesses with easy access to information on resources and assistance that’s available. Some include links to assistance applications and hotlines.
These are the best sites I’ve found, so far. I’ll continue to monitor and update this list with new resources. But even with my best efforts, this list will not be exhaustive. If possible, find and contact your local government officials and agencies directly. Their job is to help in times like these.
Business owners can be known for being fiercely independent. Accepting help can sometimes be difficult. My advice, use all the resources available to you right now. Help yourself so that you can help others later.
Disclaimer: These programs are offered by individual governments and not GoDaddy. Please see the linked pages for applicable terms, restrictions and instructions governing all programs.
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- State of California Employment Development Department
- County of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles City Business Resiliency Toolkit
- Los Angeles City Small Business Emergency Microloan Program
- Los Angeles Small Business Development Center
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
- San Francisco Office of Economic and Workforce Development – San Francisco Hardship Emergency Loan Program (SF HELP)
- Colorado Department of Labor
- Colorado Chamber of Commerce
- Denver Small Business Emergency Relief Program
- Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development
- Connecticut Department of Labor
- Connecticut Business & Industry Association
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Florida Economic Development Council
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Volusia County Business Resources
- Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Georgia Department of Insurance
- Illinois Department of Commerce
- Chicago Small Business Resiliency Fund
- Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection
- Iowa Workforce Development Agency
- Iowa Economic Development Agency
- Iowa Association of Business and Industry
- The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development
- The Community and Economic Development Initiative of Kentucky – Southeast Kentucky Downtown Business Stimulus Fund
- Louisiana Economic Development
- Louisiana Economic Development – Small Business Loan Guarantee Program
- Louisiana Chamber of Commerce
- Louisiana Department of Labor
- City of New Orleans
- Maine Chamber of Commerce
- Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
- Office of the Governor
- Michigan Small Business Relief Program
- Michigan Small Business Development Center
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Lancing COVID-19 Rescue Fund
- New Jersey Business Action Center
- New Jersey Chamber of Commerce
- NJEDA Small Business Emergency Assistance Loan
- New Mexico Association of Commerce and Industry
- New Mexico Economic Development Department
- New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions
- New Mexico Recovery Fund, L.P.
- Empire State Development
- New York State Department of Labor
- Greater New York Chamber of Commerce
- New York Small Business Services
- Oklahoma Department of Labor
- State Chamber of Oklahoma
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber
- Oklahoma City Small Business Continuity Program
- Oregon Business & Industry
- Oregon State Chamber of Commerce
- Oregon Economic Development Association
- State of Oregon Employment Department
- Jade District-Oldtown COVID-19 Small Business Response Fund
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry
- Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry
- Philadelphia COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund
- South Dakota Department Of Labor & Regulation
- South Dakota Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- South Dakota Governor’s Office Of Economic Development
- Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development
- Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Utah Leads Together Small Business Bridge Loan Program
- Vermont Small Business Development Center
- Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- Vermont Chamber of Commerce
- Vermont Department of Labor
- Washington State Coronavirus Response
- Working Washington Small Business Emergency Grants
- Washington State Department of Financial Institutions Resources
- Association of Washington Businesses
- City of Seattle
- Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
- Wisconsin Economic Development Council
- Wyoming Business Council
- Wyoming Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
- Wyoming Economic Development Association
You can do this!
If you need a helping hand, we’re here for you.
- Check out our How-To videos for content aimed at helping you navigate through COVID-19.
- Looking for stories and inspiration? Visit the GoDaddy YouTube channel.
- Dig into resources on the GoDaddy blog.
- Connect with like-minded people in our #OpenWeStand community forum.
- Find answers to product questions in our Help Center.
- Call or chat with one of our GoDaddy Guides.
Above all, have faith in yourself. We have faith in you.